Charisma Media Careers
Part Time Assistant to VP of Product Development
To assist the Vice President of the Product Development department by proactively supporting the VP in the management of time, projects, and priorities, in order to help the VP lead the Product Development department effectively. Requires strong organizational skills, communication skills, and computer proficiency. Ability to work well with others in department, be a team player, and professionally interface with other book group staff, executive team members, customers, and authors.
- Assists VP in organization and achieving maximum productivity.
- Assists VP with administrative needs such as mailings, copies, and filing.
- Manages VP’s calendar and contacts files.
- Makes all travel arrangements for VP and prepares VP’s expense reports after trips.
- Reviews travel arrangements and expense reports submitted by others that report to VP before VP sign off.
- Acts as primary contact with key personnel, authors, agents, and other outside contacts.
- Provides specific assistance and follow through on projects as requested by VP in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner
- Files copyright for all products, and handles all permission requests.
- Assists VP in preparing documents needed for all acquisitions meetings.
- Records minutes in any meetings as deemed necessary by VP.
- Maintains author tracking database and assists VP with acquisitions reports
- Abides by all policies and procedures of Charisma Media.
- Agrees with Charisma Media’s mission statement, vision, beliefs, and values. Agrees with the vision and mission of Charisma House Book Group.
BACKUP TO THIS POSITION:
Project Manager/Author Liaison
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of 2–4 years of administrative assistant experience required; interest in book publishing and familiarity with Charisma House Book Group core audience and products desirable.
Strong organization and communication skills are needed to do this job well, along with the ability to think critically and analytically; Ability to type 40 words per minute; proficient in use of MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, and email; ability to take direction and handle numerous tasks at one time; ability to initiate projects and find more efficient ways of performing duties; ability to respect the need to focus of other department team members, and to perform job requirements quietly and efficiently.
For Immediate Consideration APPLY HERE